Factory reset, also known as formatting or hard reset, is the process of erasing all data on your phone and restoring its original settings. It is important to perform a factory reset on your BLU View 2 if you plan to sell or give away the device, or if you are experiencing problems that cannot be resolved through normal troubleshooting.
What is a Factory Reset for BLU View 2?
A factory reset, also known as formatting or hard reset, is a process that erases all data and settings on your BLU View 2 device, returning it to its original factory state. This function is most commonly used when a device is experiencing software issues or performance problems.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on BLU View 2?
The following steps demonstrate how to perform a factory reset on your BLU View 2 device:
Step 1: Backup Your Data
Before proceeding with the factory reset, it’s essential to back up all the critical data on your device. Once you perform a factory reset, all of your data will be lost. You can manually back up your data, or use an app that can perform automated backups.
Step 2: Open Settings App
After you’ve backed up your data, it’s time to open the Settings app on your BLU View 2 device.
Step 3: Tap on Backup & Reset and then Factory data reset
Navigate to Backup & Reset, then select Factory data reset from the options menu.
Step 4: ERASE EVERYTHING
When prompted, enter any required passwords or PINs, then tap on the ERASE EVERYTHING button. This process will permanently delete all data on your device and restore it to its original factory settings.
Why Reset BLU View 2 to Factory Settings?
There might come a time when your BLU View 2 device suffers from performance issues, software glitches, network-related problems, or if you want to sell or give away your device. In such cases, resetting your device to its factory state will wipe out all user data, settings, preferences, app data, and restores its software to the original state. This process will help eliminate any software-based issues and bring your device back to optimal performance.
How to Factory Reset BLU View 2
Factory resetting your BLU View 2 is necessary whenever you want to remove all of the data from the device. A factory reset, also known as “hard reset” or “formatting”, is necessary for troubleshooting or resale purposes. Here’s a quick guide on how to factory reset your BLU View 2.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to perform a factory reset on your BLU View 2:
- Power on your BLU View 2 if it isn’t already.
- Unlock your device to access the home screen.
- Open the “Settings” app by tapping on the app icon on the home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Backup & Reset”.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Tap on “RESET PHONE”.
- If asked to enter the Passcode or PIN, enter the same and tap on “ERASE EVERYTHING”.
- Wait for a few minutes until the device reboots, and all of the data is erased.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to factory reset your BLU View 2, you can check out this video:
Backup Important Data
Before performing a factory reset on your BLU View 2, it is crucial to back up all your essential data, such as contacts, photos, videos, and documents. This ensures that you don’t lose any critical information during the reset process. You can back up your data by using the built-in backup and restore feature in your phone’s settings or by using a third-party backup app. Once you have backed up your data, you can proceed with the factory reset confidently, knowing that your data is safely stored elsewhere.
Alternative Methods to Factory Reset BLU View 2
If the Settings app on your BLU View 2 is not accessible, there are alternative methods to factory reset the device:
Using Hardware Keys
You can also perform a factory reset using the hardware keys of the device:
- Turn off the BLU View 2 completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys together for a few seconds until the Android bootloader screen appears.
- Using the Volume Down key, scroll down to Recovery Mode and confirm with Power button.
- When you see the Android logo with an exclamation mark, hold the Power button and then press the Volume Up button to enter recovery mode.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate to “wipe data/factory reset,” and confirm with the Power button.
- Using the Volume Down key again, navigate to “Yes — delete all user data,” and confirm with the Power button.
- After the process completes, navigate to “reboot system now,” and confirm with the Power button.
Using Google Backup
You can also use Google Backup to erase all data from your BLU View 2:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap on Google and then Backup.
- Select the Backup now option to backup your device.
- After the backup is complete, go back to Settings and tap on System.
- Scroll down to Reset options and tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Select Reset phone and then Erase everything.
These alternative methods to factory reset your BLU View 2 should only be used if the standard method fails or is not accessible.
Common Issues After Factory Reset
Performing a factory reset on your BLU View 2 may solve software-related problems or erase all personal data. However, it may also lead to certain issues, including:
- Device freezes or crashes: Resetting the device may cause it to become unresponsive or crash randomly.
- Slow performance: After a factory reset, the device may become slower than it was before, affecting its overall functionality and usability.
- Application errors: Due to the removal of data and files, some apps may fail to work correctly or crash frequently.
- Battery draining faster: Factory resetting the BLU View 2 might lead to a reduction in battery life or quick overheating.
- Loss of data: In some cases, data or files stored on the device might not be backed up or can be lost during a factory reset.
Therefore, it’s essential to consider the impact of a factory reset, back up your data regularly and use this method only as a last resort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Happens to Data After Factory Reset on BLU View 2?
When you reset the BLU View 2 to factory settings, all data stored on the device will be wiped out. This includes all apps, media files, settings, accounts, and user data. It’s important to note that a factory reset cannot remove data from external storage, such as SD cards. So, if you want to erase everything on your phone, make sure to remove the SD card before performing the reset.
Can Factory Reset Solve BLU View 2 Performance Issues?
If your BLU View 2 is running slow, freezing, or crashing, performing a factory reset may help. Resetting the phone to its factory settings will remove all unnecessary apps and data that might be causing the performance issues. However, keep in mind that a factory reset is a drastic measure and should only be used as a last resort. Before resetting your phone, you can try other methods such as clearing cache memory, disabling unwanted apps, and updating the software.
Can I Recover Data After Factory Reset BLU View 2?
Yes, you can recover data after performing a factory reset on your BLU View 2. However, the recovery process is not guaranteed to work and depends on various factors such as the amount of time that has elapsed since the reset, the type of data lost, and the recovery method used. The simplest way to recover data is by using a data recovery tool like Android Data Recovery. This tool can recover things like photos, videos, messages, contacts, call history, etc. from your device even after a factory reset. However, it’s important to note that not all data may be recoverable after a reset, so it’s always a good idea to back up your important data regularly.
A factory reset, also known as formatting or hard reset, is an important maintenance task for your BLU View 2 smartphone. This process restores the device to its original form when it left the factory, wiping out all of your data and settings. Performing a factory reset can help fix major errors and operating system issues and can also help you prepare for reselling or recycling your device.
Remember to manually back up your important data and settings before performing a factory reset. You can also recover data using the Android Data Recovery tool. When resetting your device, choose the option from the settings menu or through the admin center for windows device. Now you can enjoy using your BLU View 2 with a clean slate and improved performance.
HardReset.info – How to do a hard reset on BLU View 2
YouTube Tutorial – Factory Reset BLU View 2