Django is a free and open-source backend development framework written in Python. Adrian Holovaty and Simon Willison developed it on July 21, 2005, it takes care of much of the hassle of backend development, so you can focus on writing your app without needing to reinvent the wheel
|Can be used only for the backend.||It can be used for the both front-end and the back-end of a website.|
|Based on the Model View Controller (MVC) architecutre||Based on the Event-driven programming model|
|In terms of speed Django is slow because it’s written in Python.||Quite faster than Python/Django in terms of code-execution time|
Advantages of Django
- Django is built using Python, a widely used and easy-to-learn programming language. This makes it a great choice for beginners and experienced developers alike.
- Provides built-in database integration which means that you need to worry about setting it up.
- Using Django, you can easily use the thousands of Python libraries for your website.
- It is versatile and can be used to create a wide variety of websites and web applications.
2. Both are Built on Different Architectures
The execution flow of programs is controlled by events in the event-driven programming paradigm.
For example, there are more online tutorials and more StackOverflow questions.
Popular Companies Using Django
The simplicity of use and plenty of built-in features of Django are well known. Numerous huge companies using Django are proof of its strength, including:
There’s no one-word answer to this question because it depends on your needs. If you are looking for a backend language that’s easy to use and offers a lot of features, Django is a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Django Harder To Learn?
Well, that depends on your perspective. If you’re coming from a background in server-side languages like PHP, Ruby on Rails, or Java, then Django is probably going to be easier for you.
How Can I Get Started With Django?
There are a number of ways you can get started with Django, including taking advantage of the many resources that are available online. The Django website provides a number of resources that can help you get started, including documentation, tutorials, and a community forum.
Read more about how can you get started with Django and start a project.